Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Art of Walking Into Unwanted Interactions

Let's be honest here. How many times have you gone out in public looking fantastic, I mean 10 out of 10, red-carpet ready, F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C and you don't see a single soul that you know? If I had a dollar for every time that had happened to me, I'd have about $5 (I rarely put THAT much effort into my appearance). Now, on the opposite end of the spectrum, the amount of times that I've gone out with no makeup on, wet hair in one of those messy buns that you just throw up on the top of your head (you know the one.) and have seen NUMEROUS people that I know is immeasurable. I could be a millionaire for the amount of time those days have happened, well maybe not a millionaire, but I wouldn't be eating Ramen Noodles every night either. 

Today was one of those messy hair days. My father, bless him, asked me to drive to town (a solid 10-15 minutes from my house - we live in BFE) to buy energy drinks for him (he drinks one everyday) and my grandmother wanted a bag of potatoes, because who doesn't need a bag of potatoes at noon on a Thursday? Upon entering Food Lion, I immediately spot someone I graduated with. After suffering through the typical small talk, I turn to make my getaway, and run directly into someone else I had went to school with (who I am embarrassed to say that I don't remember his name). Once I had escaped my second encounter, I sprinted to the checkout counter, however made the mistake of looking up and making eye contact with yet another high school classmate, one that I couldn't stand in school and still don't care for 4 years later. Once finished with my order, I made a beeline for the door, while staring at the floor the entire time. Luckily, I made it home with no more incidences. 

Welcome, ladies and gents, to my so-called (awkward) life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment